Please note that Genuardi Family Foundation does not consider requests through its Core Grant Program for:
- Organizations with the majority of their services provided outside of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks Counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Issue areas other than food access and security, homelessness prevention and housing, and job training and placement
- Capital projects, including equipment purchase or replacement
- General fundraising, annual appeals, or special events
- Fraternal and/or civic organizations
- Political candidates or parties
- Political Action Committees (PACs) engaged in influencing legislation
- Public radio or television
- Endowment drives
- Debt reduction
- Public, private or parochial schools
- Neighborhood gardens and co-ops
Each year, the Foundation is able to fund only a fraction of the requests that are reviewed. For 2019 and onward, the Foundation is narrowing its scope to increase its positive impact in three targeted areas. As a result, the Foundation will award fewer grants, and the process will be more competitive than in the past. Grants will be awarded to organizations that fit clearly within the eligibility and preference guidelines, and to organizations that demonstrate strength in program delivery, operations, and leadership.
Please note that receiving a grant from the Genuardi Family Foundation does not guarantee future funding.
Through its grantmaking programs, Genuardi Family Foundation seeks to invest in and improve the communities that supported Genuardi Family Markets during the several decades and generations that the family owned this landmark regional business. While the Foundation’s legacy is an outgrowth of the tradition of giving established by its family’s business, neither the Genuardi family nor its Foundation are now associated with Genuardi Family Markets. Its priorities for giving are its own.