The Foundation welcomes both general operating and program-specific grant requests that meet our eligibility requirements. Eligible applicants must have documented 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Organizations must provide a majority of their services to residents of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and/or Bucks Counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania, with special consideration for the neighborhoods and communities where Genuardi Family Markets operated prior to 2001.
Preference will be given to organizations that demonstrate:
- At least 75% of its programs and budget are allocated to providing direct services in one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas (food access, homelessness prevention, and/or job training)
- Financial sustainability and a sound business model, including financial support from a variety of sources (ex. government, foundations, companies, individuals) for the organization and its programs
- Use of volunteers, when allowable
- Reasonable costs associated with running the organization and programs
- The need for and potential impact of a partnership with Genuardi Family Foundation
Grant Sizes and Duration
Grants will be awarded in the range of $10,000 to $25,000 per year. The Foundation reserves the right to award multi-year grants at its discretion.