What We Fund
The Genuardi Family Foundation Core Grant Program is an open, online, application process that welcomes both general operating and program-specific grant requests from eligible applicants.
Supported Issue Areas:
Funding through the Core Grant Program supports organizations that provide a majority of their direct services in one or more of the following issue areas:
- Food access and security
- Homelessness prevention and housing
- Job training and placement
Examples of direct services that will be considered for funding include:
- Food access and security: meal delivery, food banks/pantries, and efforts to improve access to healthy and nutritious food for populations and geographic areas with limited access
- Homelessness prevention and housing: shelters, rapid-re-housing, and case management support that directly prevents homelessness
- Job training and placement: programs that increase vocational skills, enhance job readiness, and facilitate job placement, with a special emphasis on training and opportunities for people with disabilities
Supported Geographic Counties:
Organizations applying to the Core Grant Program must provide a majority of their services to residents of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and/or Bucks Counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania, with special consideration for the neighborhoods and communities where Genuardi Family Markets operated prior to 2001.
Grant Sizes and Duration:
Grants will be awarded in the range of $10,000 to $25,000 per year. The Foundation reserves the right to award multi-year grants at its discretion.
Preference will be given to organizations that demonstrate:
- At least 75% of its programs and budget are allocated to providing direct services in one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas (food access, homelessness prevention, and/or job training)
- Financial sustainability and a sound business model, including financial support from a variety of sources (ex. government, foundations, companies, individuals) for the organization and its programs
- Use of volunteers, when allowable
- Reasonable costs associated with running the organization and programs
- The need for and potential impact of a partnership with Genuardi Family Foundation
Eligible applicants must have documented 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
For details about Core Grant Program Exclusions, please click here.